Friday, September 10, 2010

Discerning the originally thought discerned.




So, I am doing it... The unthinkable to me 2 years ago has now taken place. I just finished my Application for NET Ministries USA and let me tell you, I feel so light, so content and just at peace and almost anticipation about it. My sophomore year I really thought about NET hard, and, after months I felt like God was telling me no. A few months ago though, I starting thinking about it. Not sure why but it just was laid on my heart like a best friend I couldn't ignore.

It really is amazing how great the Lord is. I feel like he is sending me on this Adventure and just showering me with beauty and joy.

So, you might be wondering right now, what is NET? Well in case you don't know, it stands for National Evangelistic Teams. The main mission of NET Ministries is to challenge young Catholics (usually grades 8-12) to embrace their faith and the Church. There are 10 teams made up of over 100 young adults between the ages of 18 and 28. Each October, they hit the road armed with suitcases, sleeping bags, guitars, bibles, rosaries and hearts burning for Christ. The teams each lead retreats 6 days a week, and when not leading retreats, they share their faith where ever they are. So, here I go... Maybe next October I'll be leaving Minnesota to lead youth around our country closer to Christ. :) If you are interested in learning more about NET, or would like to donate to NET Ministries, please check out www.netusa.org/

Thanks for reading and God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment