Friday, June 11, 2010

Only 12 Months



So... I miss it.


It has been nearly a year since I last stepped foot on the tropical, beautiful and relaxing island. Oh do I miss it, but you see it's not the island I miss, it's the people. 100% the people.

As much as I enjoy the heat, humid and sticky air, :) the smiling faces, the joy, the eagerness to learn and the children is what I miss so incredibly much.

If a picture is worth a thousand words, then one smile on their faces has to be worth a million. The people of the Dominican are unlike any I have known, so much unlike Americans in every way possible. As crazy as I may sound, I want to go back so much! I just feel this intense calling to go, and it is pulling my heart in such a strong way it's impossible for me not to know where he wants me. It's like a billboard sign right in front of my face, screaming... LAUREN, BE A MISSIONARY! I can't ignore it! I can't deny it, I can only pray and trust that Christ will provide for me to go, and to be truly His hands and His feet. I will mess up sometimes, that is a given. I won't always know what to do, I know that. But with Christ, I can do it.

12 Months! Nearly 12 months ago this all happened. Now I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to be doing 12 months from now. I can honestly say that right now, I have no idea. I'm not sure where I'll be, what I'll be doing or whom I'll be with, but I pray that it's God's will and that, by the grace of God, I have the courage and the strength to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment