Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Time

Presents are wrapped, the nativity is up and boy it sure looks like Christmas with all the white, pure snow (and green bean casserole). Today we celebrated the birth of our most heavenly Lord, and somehow, it seems like a celebration of a different sort. As much as Christmas is about giving, I think it has somehow lost it's focus.

Presents... That is what kids seem to be excited about, but do they really know? This Christmas has frustrated me because I feel like Christmas hasn't had a focus on Christ, but rather a family gathering with gifts, food and conversation. Some of my family is going to mass tonight to celebrate His birth though, and I am really hoping to get over to our adoration chapel too with some of my siblings. Now, I know that it's likely Jesus was probably born on one of the other 364 days this year, but regardless, I wonder what 2,010 years ago Mary was thinking tonight, when she stared into His precious little eyes. Today is such an important day and season to reflect, to sit down and to really pray and give some thanks to the one who saves.

A couple little updates...
I have a job interview at a Christian Daycare next week (thank you Emily), hopefully I will be able to get another job with more stable hours and work less hours at Applebee's, plus I would love to watch little ones! My excitement and anticipation is definitely growing as well because it is exactly 28 days until my interview with NET Ministries! Nick and John are both home off the road for Christmas break and we are all going swing dancing next week too!



School is off thankfully but I am excited for my classes next semester...
Intro to Business, Introductory Logics (math class), Astronomy and History of Comedy.
I heard that the two last classes I listed are hard, so I'm a little worried considering I picked them as "easier" classes. When I finish in the Spring, all of them finally complete my MnTC so this semester I am done with that! Woot!

Well, merry Christmas everyone and have a wonderful Christmas!
God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment