Friday, January 14, 2011

Seven Days!

It is amazing to think that in one week, seven days, 168 hours, 10,080 minutes, and 604,800 seconds (give or take a few), I will be walking into the NET Center and into an interview. As I feel like I have repeated so many times, I feel so blessed! Nearly 6 months ago, I didn't imagine myself ever even applying for NET, but here I am, one week away from interviewing.

I know now, after all God has given me, showed me and laid on my heart, calling me to NET, I just need to let go and trust. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.” - Proverbs 3:5

So, it's really in their hands (NET Ministries) to finish this beautiful discernment for me, I know where my heart is so all I can do is be myself, smile and pray so hard that God is overwhelmed! Or at least I could make a good attempt!

Right now I have been working a lot, staying involved in youth group and doing a ton of school work. I can't even begin to describe how very busy and crazy my life feels, but I know that I am where I am suppose to be. I am currently taking Intro to Logics, Astronomy, History of Comedy and a Guitar class which seems to be moving at a pretty fast pace. After this semester, I'll graduate, I'll have finished my MnTC, and I'll be making big decisions. I can't believe in a few months I could be ready to transfer to a 4 year college and I haven't even picked a major or basic area of study to go for! I just want to make sure it's where God wants me and he isn't exactly ready to tell me yet. :)

I got a new job too! I am now working 2 jobs, and work part-time now at a Lutheran Church Nursery watching infants between 2-12 months old and oh my are they cute! I can definitely say with the ut most honesty that I always have my "baby-fix" as I am always getting to feed, cuddle and snuggle little babies at my new work. The only upside is that it makes me sleepy and the drive is much longer and during hours when the roads truly are "rush hour" but I love it and I get to work with Emily Shovelain so I don't have much to complain about. :)

Life really has been good to me, besides the constant busyness! Haley is getting CONFIRMED in the Catholic faith tomorrow and I am so happy and honored to be her Sponsor! She is really excited and I know that this is really going to open her up to receiving so many more graces from Christ. I know when I was confirmed, it felt like heaven was raining down and kissing me, I could hardly contain my excitement. Now I just feel SO excited for her, I can't wait for her to be kissed by heaven! God is good!


So... to the friends and family reading this: Please pray for my sister, Haley, tomorrow on her Confirmation day, that she may be lit on fire for Christ and be open to any graces Christ may have for her. Also, please keep me in your prayers, especially for me to have trust in God's will, whatever it may be, and for the NET staff in their discernment of selecting, through Christ, the 2011-2012 NET Teams.

Thanks and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment