In other news... I cracked open a fortune cookie, mainly to eat the cookie, and out popped a message totally from God, in my opinion:
"The current year will bring you much happiness."
Could that not be more true? With Graduation, Camp, then leaving for NET this year is sure to be one of the best, most difficult, yet rewarding years of my life. I love it how God seems to work in the strangest of places sometimes, and give me such hope, peace and just fatherly care, He's so amazing! AH!
Anyhow, concerning the title of this blog post, I'm still trending having them all start with an S, I donated blog today, and let me tell you, it didn't cease to be boring!
Nichole and I went into the Parish Center to donate today at the reasonable time of 4:30pm and it was all fine and dandy til the blood started flowing! The nurse stuck my arm right away and I was at 1/3 a bag before Nichole, after much struggle, had the needle in. Unfortunately, Nichole Almost Made a Difference (sort of an inside joke), poor girl, they couldn't get enough blood out of her to fill the bag. Me, on the other hand filled it within about 10 minutes and, as the kind nurse proceed to remove the needle, I couldn't have felt more faint, dizzy or squeamish. It was a nightmare, they had me breathing through my nose, better yet, one nostril and then gave me a paper bag to get some CO2 in me. Next thing I knew my stomach was in a bind and, well after losing the better half of the sandwich I'd ate earlier, recovery took 10 minutes and I was walking and pinker. I hope I never feel like that again, but I think I would do it all over again if I knew I could save just one persons life. Someone remind me next time to have a lighter lunch!
God bless! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment