Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Speechless

After one of the most amazing weekends of my life, I am now having one of the most amazing days of my life. Today, I got a call from NET MINISTRIES!

I looked at my phone in between classes today and all of a sudden, half way through the school day I see a notification that I have a message in my Inbox on my phone. It doesn't even tell me what number it is though, so I wasn't sure who it could be. Class had already started though so there was no way to just listen to it so I sneakily weaved my ipod head phone up one of my jacket sleeves and leaned over, sticking it in my ear and plugging it into my phone before I called my voice mail. The number read off slowly, it sounded like NET's number, but I could only smile as I heard Allie Egan explaining that she was from NET and asking me to call her back soon.

I could barely contain my excitement! I had to call them back, only, being me I couldn't wait til class was done. So, I snuck out for a "bathroom break" and called from a empty classroom down the hall that had service! Allie Egan soon was on the line and asked me how my retreat went, how I was doing and it seemed like forever (with me pacing back and forth) before she finally told me the news I hoped her phone call concerned, that I was accepted onto NET!

I am so joyful, peace filled and so happy I can barely contain it! It really feels so unreal and just incredible because God has just confirmed the calling he placed on my heart. I know that next year is going to be amazing, even if I hadn't of made it on to NET. God is good, all powerful, all loving and all wonderful. For anyone who is discerning NET, or those who maybe were told to wait a year or 2 or that they aren't right for NET, know that for every no that God gives, the Lord has planned for you an even bigger and better yes! Know it, believe it, and keep praying. God loves you, God loves you, God loves you, you can never be told enough!

Who knows though, God could be calling you for something Amazing right now! Whether it's NET or not, discern it and if your interested more in NET, you can find out more at www.netusa.org/

In other news... I learned some new chords in my guitar class! It's a lot to remember, but I am getting a hang of it! :) God is Good!

God Bless!
~Future NETter: Lauren Myers

1 comment:

  1. Ah! I did the same thing when she called me...I was pacing back and forth! I was so excited haha!
    Congrats again :) Can't wait for this amazing year ahead! <3

    ReplyDelete