Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sing Praise!

Oh The Lord is my Joy! I feel completely set ablaze! This was honestly one of the best weekends of my life. It started out so anxious, I think all of us were practically shaking in our skin in anticipation and nerves. The interview questions themselves weren't terribly difficult but some of them really shocked me! It was so hard because the people interviewing us tried to be so serious about it, I felt at first like they really didn't like me, but I was SO amazed, as the weekend went on how much more down to earth and 'real' they became. They were, in some sense, just like us, only they had this light within them that was so warm and I know they were and are blooming!

The first night we really just tried to bond as a group, 17 total (4 men, 13 women) and just learned more about the facts of NET. Saturday was, by far, the BEST night. We had amazing talks that day and after mass at St. Joseph's, we really got to bond getting dinner and then ice cream, it made us closer. Our small groups, with Alicia were so great too, it really seemed like all of us girls fit together well! Then that night, we had the most amazing night of prayer! So much it reminded me of team prayer with the NETters when they were in our parish. I remember watching Natalie dancing and Katie putting up her hands and just singing and everyone so in love. Saturday night was like that and after receiving beautiful prayers from some of the Supervisors (I prayed with Alicia), and, I tell you! I could barely contain my joy and peace in my heart. 11:00pm was suppose to be lights out, but, after some fun and laughs with everyone (and goodbyes), the men went back downstairs to their floor and the women got together and talked until 1am! We were so filled with Joy and the Holy Spirit that sleep seemed impossibly because of our excitement. Then, after 1am a few of us left and went to praise God in the Chapel some more! Heather brought her guitar, and Laura, Claire, Erica, Abbie and I all sang our hearts out! We used the Chapel blue books and sang until our exhaustion began to really be more evident! I believe it was at least 3am when we got back and I had little trouble falling asleep. I think we spent around 5 hours in the chapel at least! I slept well those few hours until we woke up around 7am!

Now today, the leaders of this retreat, by the will of God, decided and are deciding who will be serving on NET next year. God's will be done Lord, truly I can't contain my joy, but I feel that my heart is even more called to NET after this weekend. Who knows though, Christ could have other plans! And though I am so exhausted from the small amount of sleep, I could sing of His love forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment