Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sun Rise - 24 Hrs.

Waiting since October for this retreat to finally materialize before my eyes has been a long wait, but at the same time I can't believe it's here! 24 hours stand between me, and the beginning of a retreat that will change my life for the better. Whether the outcome brings an invitation to be on the 2011-12 Teams, or offers me another, possibly needed year, to finish my work here and continue to grow, it's still 24 hours for it to begin.

Right now, I am preparing to leave for the NET Center and with so much anticipation, excitement, butterflies and nerves, I can't wait for it to begin (I sure hope I can sleep tonight)! I feels like I have been waiting forever now and here it is, right before me, the weekend I have been waiting for since this summer. In just a few weeks, or less, I will know what I will be doing come Fall. I really have no idea, other than I feel like God wants me to serve him deeper, to grow, to get out of comfortable, to change the world a little bit and I feel that he's calling me to do this with NET.
In these past few months I've begun to realize how truly large a part the National Evangelization Teams have had on my life. My youth minister served on NET. We had 2 NET Teams at my parish for 2 years. I have friends who have served on NET. Have a Youth Group in many ways similar to NET (structure and retreat wise). Attend Lifeline's run by NET. Got to Prom at the NET Center and so much more. I never really thought about how big in my life it played a part, but it does, and it is good.

The thing is though, I don't want to serve with NET because they are already a big part of my life, I want to serve because I want to do the Lord's will. I can't help but feel called to this in my heart of hearts. Giving up everything but a suitcase and a backpack. Giving up a bed, sleep, television, computer, "comfortability", school and a life back at home isn't something easy, but at the same time, after seeing the changes in so many, it's hard to imagine someone serving without gaining so much more than they give. Luckily, NET discerns a lot about the interviewee's and determining who is actually going to serve. I know that there would be sacrifices, but I so want to grow! I feel like right now, this very instant, I am waiting for the sun to rise! I can see the light beams peaking over the horizon. I can feel the slight warmth building in the air, but the sun is still tucked down beneath the land. Maybe that's of my own accord, probably is, but I feel like the Lord is calling me to take that leap, to jump, to let myself grow with the Sun so that always I maybe be open to the light and focused on it. I want to flourish and bloom in my faith like a flower meeting the sunrise! I want to follow the Son and right now, I feel like jumping into a van and following the Sun/Son to the ends of the earth and back again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment