Sunday, July 12, 2009

12 Hours Til Lift-Off

Journal Entry: Written 7/12/2009 at 2:18pm

The day for my first mission trip approached and my excitement is great.
Sleep deprivation has hit me really hard. I will be leaving in less than 12 hours, which brings so much joy to my heart.

So also faith itself, if it does not have works, is dead. - James 2:17

This verse is particularly one of the reasons I will be departing on Tuesday at 3:00am, the other reason is that I have felt, for some time now, that Christ is calling me to be his hands and feet in the Dominican Republic. Now, this isn't something that everyone is called to do. Some are called to never leave their state, let alone country but Christ has a mission for each of us. (ex. St. Therese: Patron Saint Of Missions). I really believe that Christ just called me to this, and all I am doing is listening, following and trying. Truly without Him though, I am dead.
I feel SO extremely blessed to have this opportunity and I pray that through this mission I will come to know Christ deeper and more intimately.

My Biggest Fear:
That I will mess up/do something wrong or that the Dominican people won't like me.

My Biggest Excitement:
I can't wait to meet the children and Liz, plus deliver bags at the Hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment