
Well, I'm here! Boy is it hot! Being from Minnesota, I don't mind extremely high temps since they usually last too long (plus indoor Air Conditioning) but this humidity is higher than I ever imagined. I suppose it will probably be good for my skin, though I feel so sticky! :)
The plane ride was really cool. I could not believe how beautiful the sky and the stars could be at such a height. I enjoyed gazing out the window, at least for a little while. There is such a big world, it's incredible. I saw Liz McKie soon after we went through Customs. She made my day, inspiring me so greatly. I truly can't wait to serve by her side.
The Lord has really been present for me today. As I run around on such little sleep, I know He is looking out for me and making sure I am safe. God's will baby all the way!!! Even though I am all sticky and sweaty, and smell like sunscreen and heat, I know He really, really, really loves me. I hope I can share this same love with the people of the Dominican Republic and everyone I meet.
No comments:
Post a Comment