Thursday, July 16, 2009

Communication


"If you spend the day dreaming about tomorrow, you just missed out on a perfectly good day. Those living in the past forget what is right in front of them. Live in the present, just as you breath, see and feel."

Yesterday we went to Mustard Seed, and such beautiful Children did we see! Jeffery was a bit of a 'trouble maker' and a little flirt as well! I met so many children, three of which especially touched my heart.

There were two little girls, who were both laying down on a pillow, I talked to for over an hour. They smiled at me, laughing and communicating in what ways they could. I saw there struggle to communicate with me, and it really made me realize how much we all long for a connection with someone, to be heard, to be acknowledged, to be understood. The other little girl I met at the very end of the visit. She smiled at me so big and, as I said goodbye, she wrapped her arms around me and gave me a huge hug. It was like Christ was hugging me!

Today has been so busy, I've been thinking a lot and reflecting and praying. I am hoping that I get some tube socks tonight as well. Something bit my hand last night and it's starting to get pretty red. Ahh the joys of being able to offer things up! Thanks Christ for the many opportunities! :) haha!

Biggest Excitement:
Getting to meet all the young girls in Girls Club today! I can't wait to FINALLY meet them!

No comments:

Post a Comment