Thursday, July 16, 2009

Little Pieces Of Heaven



Girls Club was so much fun! All the beautiful young ladies really got into all the planned activities and they so much enjoyed participating and just being there. Some of the younger ladies struggled with making bracelets, but coloring books really came in handy as an alternative!

Following Girls Club, we went on home visits and never in my life have I seen such poverty. At the same time, never in my life have I seen such joy, so much happiness and just thankfulness for what they have. I was so amazed at the living conditions though, it would be so hard to be the eldest daughter in a Dominican family or even just a little boy. Their childhood happens in a blink. I was so excited though to see Lorani (really beautiful young girl who loves doing hair, but her last hair supplies given to her were stolen) and give her the bag of hair supplies! She really did look so happy to have received it, and boy did that young lady deserve it!

While building benches at Loase was the boys from Boys Club, one of the little boys was so sad. Louise Manuel had been picked on by the older boys. I went over to him as he sat sorrowfully and got out some of the cookies I had brought from home on the trip as a snack. We had a blast together, just hanging out and though I couldn't really understand him, we understood eachother, speaking the universal language of laughter, smiles and agape. What a cute kid! I also met Domingo, who needed a new pair of shoes. Luckily, he got some! :)

Biggest Excitement:
Visiting the Haitian Villages tomorrow and possibly seeing my sweetie! I really hope she might be in one of the villages, but then again, I hope she is somewhere clean and safe for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment